Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Tank Setup

In July 2014 I bought a 125 gallon reef tank from a friend. The setup included a tank, stand, canopy, a 20 gallon sump, and a 40 gallon refugium.

One thing I had learned from my previous tank was that I really needed to automate some of the tasks. Beacause I work in technology it really made sense to me, that I install an ATO, and an aquarium controller.

First here my parts list for the build:

Lights - Lumini Aqua Glisten 150r2 fixturs, with wireless control.
Skimmer - Reef Octopus Extreme 8", rated for 200 gallons, with a Sicce pump
Ato - JBJ
Controller - Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite, with four PC4 power bars
Heaters - Two ViaAqua titanium 200 w heaters
Wave Makers - Two Jebao RW-15's, and Two Jebao WP-25's on Jebao Duals
Controllers Pump - Jebao DC 6000
Reactor - Cad Lights NR-1, with GFO and carbon
Dosing - Jebao DP-4

A bonus of having the controller is that it is like an insurance policy.  It can shut off heaters when the tank water gets to hot.  You can shut off an ATO if the water level gets too high. The controller can also shut down your skimmer if, it starts to over flow.  By adding simple float switches, many disasters can be averted.



No comments:

Post a Comment